With our global footprint and in-house know-how, JCDecaux offers class-leading media placements and vital community facilities in more than 60 countries. We have a principled approach to business and an in-depth understanding of audiences and client needs. Needs that are well served by our industry-leading research, development and innovation teams that work to continually evolve our range of out-of-home, transit and technology offerings.
The original innovation
A new advertising medium was created when Jean-Claude Decaux conceived the revolutionary concept of street-furniture as advertising. Ever since the installation of the first bus shelters in Lyon in 1964, the company has been driven by his vision for urban beautification financed through advertising revenue. It's innovative thinking like this that has transformed a French outdoor company into a global leader in media.
Key figures for the Group
- 2014 revenues: €3,737m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index.
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with almost 150 airports and over 275 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region
- Over 1,100,000 advertising panels in more than 60 countries
- Over 43,000 digital panels worldwide
- Over 345 million people reached each day
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 12,000 employees