By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. Find out more and change your cookies settings.
Position title: Maintenance Technician
Department: Technical Department
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
This role involves cleaning the Company’s street furniture (bus shelters, kiosks, phone booths etc) to a high standard, putting up posters, carrying out illumination checks and minor maintenance work. A Maintenance Technician is solely responsible for a set number/area of street furniture
- The cleaning of all assets assigned to them in the manner described in the companies procedures and code of conduct.
- Clearing broken glass as instructed and securing potentially hazardous sites with safety tape and or safety cones.
- Internal cleaning of advertising panels on street furniture including the lubrication and adjustment of the locking mechanisms.
- Preparing and checking posters as required.
- Carry out minor repairs that the employee is trained to perform, including, but not limited to, the tightening up of glass, the replacement of damaged or missing logos, numbers, glass discs, nuts and bolts etc.
- Post required advertising posters each week (scrolling and fixed face)
- Evening / night lighting checks
- Cleaning of company vehicle twice weekly (full exterior and interior), including checking of oil, water tyres, lights and filling out the vehicle log book daily.
- The removal of graffiti, stickers and any unauthorised bill posting.
- The continuous monitoring of damages and faults on the street furniture and to communicate all information to the Supervisor.
- To comply with JCDecaux policy on safe working procedures and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Accurately record all information relevant to the maintenance technicians’ activities on the appropriate forms provided by JCDecaux (daily maintenance sheet, vehicle daily / weekly check, call out forms, leave application form, maintenance stock requisition form, fortnightly time sheet).
- To be available to cover out of hours emergency call outs for periods of one week on an occasional and rostered basis, if required.
- Any other duties as specified by a Supervisor or Manager, that the employee is suitably trained to undertake.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep of the vehicle which is assigned to this post including:
- Full exterior and interior clean at least twice weekly, unless otherwise instructed.
- Checking oil, water, tyres and lights daily.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the onboard hand and power tools, compressor and generator weekly (if fitted).
- To be aware of the service requirements of the vehicle and organise the same with the Supervisor / Technical Manager.
- Maintain accurate vehicle stock records and keep sufficient stock for the week’s work schedule.
- Completion of vehicle log book daily.
JCDecaux’s Maintenance Technicians are ambassadors for the Company and as such must maintain the proper Company image.
Each technician will report for work each morning dressed in the appropriate uniforms as issued, and will ensure that their clothing and shoes are cleaned daily. All appropriate safety clothing, such as protective gloves, and reflective jackets must be worn when necessary.
Conduct on the street, and whilst driving, must be of the highest standard.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
It is the employee’s responsibility to work safely in accordance with the company’s OHS policies and procedures, as amended from time to time. Each employee will be expected to know and adhere to all training and the contents of the employee handbook supplied to them, especially the following;
- OHS&R employee handbook
- Relevant Work Method Statements (SWiM’s)
- Safe Working Procedures (SWP’s)
Each employee must have regard for their own safety and the safety of others in and around the work place and must immediately report all accidents, near hits and hazards observed.
The Maintenance Technician must be:
- In possession of a current driver’s licence;
- Both literate and numerate in order to complete the necessary paper work; and
- Physically fit for the tasks involved.
- Able to demonstrate departmental values
Evidence of the following is also a requirement:
- Good communication skills
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITUES
The Company offers the potential for career advancement based on performance, initiative and position opening.
Please send your coverletter and email to: _AU_HumanResources@jcdecaux.com